Tuesday 29 October 2013

Anthro run cycle

... and now the wire frame for a possible run cycle. Here I've tried to oscillate both hips to reflect their full range of motion during this cycle. The timing isn't finely tuned yet, different moments of the cycle will create faster and slower points in each limbs movement which I haven't really maximised yet. Useful as a reminder that anthro movement is very energetic, likely the arms will have to be swung in arcs to maintain balance.

Ignore the black dots in the middle, they were placeholders for the start and finish of the cycle

6 comments:

  1. Hopefully the counter-balancing arm swings won't be wild and crazy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that they will probably be wild and crazy, people on stilts are a great example of balance/coordination issues!

      Delete
    2. You mean like the sprung digitigrade-like stilts or rigid stilts?

      Delete
    3. The sprung type, I'll put a link up to a video at some point.

      Delete
    4. I've seen them, they look fun! Especially those who can do flips in them

      Delete
  2. I bet you'd make a fantastic vet tech if I could afford to pay you... good eye for pinpointing lameness and gait-related issues! (\,,/)

    ReplyDelete